Alexa can now help to keep your Blink Camera Systems running with Smart Reordering for Batteries!
As you may already know, Blink cameras run on two standard 1.5V AA lithium batteries that last up to two years! But, when the time finally comes to replace those batteries and you don’t feel like making a special trip to the store, Alexa can help! With the smart reorder feature available on select Alexa-enabled devices, you can automatically receive batteries from Amazon.com, the moment a replacement is needed. To set up smart reorders for your Blink camera batteries and ensure you have batteries when you need them, enable the Blink Smart Home Skill in the Alexa app by following the steps below.
Setting up smart reordering for Blink camera batteries:
- If you haven’t already, enable the Blink Smart Home Skill in the Alexa app by following the steps outlined at the Alexa Setup and Troubleshooting Guide.
- After enabling the Blink Smart Home Skill, follow the on-screen prompts to set up smart orders by selecting the battery you want to automatically reorder and confirming your payment and address information.
If you have already enabled the Blink Smart Home Skill, start by opening the Alexa app, then:
- Tap “Devices” on the bottom right hand corner.
- Tap “Cameras” then select the camera you wish to set up smart battery reorders for
- Navigate to the “Supply” section and tap on “change”.
- Under the “Supply Settings” header, click the little arrow.
- From here, select “Automatically reorder when supply is low” and choose battery that you want to automatically reorder. Confirm your payment and address information and Amazon will send you replacement batteries when time is right.
Have questions? Contact customer support for help!